The original Auburn Primary School Building was constructed in 1890 with further buildings added to the fast growing school in 1901 and 1913. The new Learning Hub consists of three pairs of home base learning studios which open off a communal library space which allows for joint learning and performance functions. A fully equipped kitchen is included off the library space for student cooking activities and catering when required for students and staff.
The new building is linked to the Infant Learning Centre by a large deck which has been designed with ramps to make both the Infant Centre and the new building fully accessible. Learning spaces are oriented north and clear story windows allow winter sun to penetrate the Library space.