Cafe Alfredo is located in a 1980's extension to the existing original 1950's catholic seminary building at Victoria Police Academy. The project involved the refurbishment of the existing dining room servery area into a new cafe and servery for the dual purpose of casual food and beverage sales and serving of meals for recruits and staff. This meant the merging of the separate canteen and servery facilities within the building.
Careful consideration was given to pedestrian control and flow for entry and exit within the limited space available. The project also required the demolition of all existing outdated equipment, fixtures, floors and wall finishes and the supply and installation of new kitchen equipment, joinery, lighting and finishes to the new space. The end result is an efficient facility which provides a light and bright update to the aging aesthetic of the building, while maintaining a respectful dialogue with the existing heritage character of the adjacent dining room space.